Permanent Residence Permit
A holder of an Occupation or Residence Permit is eligible to apply for a 20-year Residence Permit provided the following specific conditions are met:
1. Investor: Holds an OP for at least 3 years with:
- a minimum annual gross income of at least MUR 15M; or
- an aggregate turnover MUR 45M,
for any consecutive period of 3 years.
2. Professional: Holds an OP for at least 3 years with a basic monthly salary of at least MUR 150,000 for 3 consecutive years.
3. Self-Employed: Holds an OP for at least 3 years with an annual business income of at least MUR 3 million for the 3 consecutive years.
4. Retired Non-Citizen: Holds an RP for at least 3 years with transfer of at least USD 54,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency for the period of 3 years.
An investor who invests at least USD 375,000 in a qualifying business activity is also eligible to apply for the 20-year residence permit.
Qualifying activities: Agro-based industry, Audio-visual, Cinema and Communication, Banking, Construction, Education, Environment-friendly and green energy products, Financial Services, Fisheries and Marine Resources, Freeport, Information Technology, Infrastructure, Insurance, Leisure, Manufacturing, Marina development, Tourism and Warehousing, Initial Public Offerings.
Existing OP/RP holders eligibilty for PRP
1. A non-citizen holding OP/RP for at least 3 years and whose OP/RP is valid on 1 September 2020 is eligible for a 20-year PRP. The eligibility conditions will be that of OP/RP criteria for renewal.
Please refer to the Guidelines on application for a Permanent Residence Permit for further information.
Please download the Application form for Permanent Residence Permit for Investor / Self-Employed / Professional.
Please download the Application form for Permanent Residence Permit for Retired Non-Citizen.