Opening your corporate bank account
Once registered, a business can open a business bank account. The list of registered commercial and corporate banks operating in Mauritius is available on the website of the Bank of Mauritius.
The following documents are generally required by banks:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration Card
- Certified copy of the company’s board minutes authorising the opening of the account(s)
- Latest annual return applicable for companies being incorporated at least 18 months of operations
- Business plan mentioning source of funds
- Other documents.
Additional documents may be requested by banks on a case-by case basis. In addition, banks reserve the right to reject the business account application.