Consultative Workshop on the Textile & Apparel Sector, 18th - 19th April 2019, The Ravenala Attitude, Balaclava
The Economic Development Board is organizing a two-days’ workshop on the 18th and 19th April 2019 to address major challenges faced by the Textile and Apparel Industry.
The workshop will consist of interventions by local and international industry experts followed by round table discussions on the following topics:
- Desirability and Inspiration: The New Drivers to Increase Brand and Product Value
Mrs. Geraldine Bouchot – Trends & Forecasting Director, Carlin International Trend Bureau
- The New Business Model to be More Competitive
Mr. Eddy Yeung – Director, Ciel Group
- Adding Value in the Process via Automation &Technology
Prof. Prasad Potluri – Professor of Robotics and Textile Composites, UK
- Human Resources Requirements to meet the Challenge
Mr. Kavi Oogarah – RT Knits
- Made through Africa as an Alternative Supply Chain for Sourcing
Mr. Beas Cheekhooree - Managing Director, MCFI
- The Advent of Soft Robotics to Revolutionize the Manufacturing of Apparel
Mr. Pete Santora - Chief Commercial Officer, SoftWear Automation
- The Business Case for Adhering to Sustainability in Manufacturing
Mrs. Luvna Arnasalon – UN Compact Focal Point & Head Corporate Sustainability, Afrasia Bank
To participate in the workshop, please register your interest on https://textile-apparel-industry.eventbrite.com by 15th of April 2019.
Textile and Apparel operators are requested to register their company experts in the above-mentioned fields.
Download the workshop programme.